Friday, May 21, 2010

Lance Armstrong-It's Not About the Bike-Tour of California Edition

Floyd Landis is not the first ex-teammate/ friend of Lance Armstrong to recall Lance's drug use.


http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=5508863

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/more/06/27/tour.de.france0702/index.html



And Lance's snarky replies are nothing new either.


Armstrong dismisses the Andreus' account as "100-percent" fabricated. Betsy, he claims, is motivated by "bitterness, jealousy and hatred"

"It's our word against his word," Armstrong said. "I like our word. We like our credibility. Floyd lost his credibility a long time ago."

The 37-year-old Simeoni earned the wrath of Armstrong’s anger when the Italian confessed to taking the banned blood booster EPO and human growth hormones while under treatment and direction from notorious Italian doctor Michele Ferrari during the 1990s. Simeoni’s confession put extra heat on Armstrong, who staunchly defended his own controversial relationship with Ferrari. Armstrong later called Simeoni a liar in a 2003 interview...
***
But in discussing LeMond's comments, Armstrong said that when he did stop racing, "I want to be the guy when I'm done I don't want to have any bitterness toward the sport, I don't want to have any bitterness toward the new generation. ... I hope I have the class to do that."
Asked if he though LeMond was bitter, Armstrong replied, "I don't know."

No comments: